Application Support Engineer
This role specializes in providing Tier-1 technical support and maintenance to internal customers with resolution to product specific technical challenges. In this dynamic role, you will work across the businesses, partnering closely with the stakeholders across various functions.
- Provide maintenance and support for assigned applications, assess downtime cause, co-ordinate with the infrastructure and/or security team(s) for any OS, hardware, security, policies, switch, firewall etc. findings that will help with resolving the issue, co-ordinate with users on maintenance schedules, escalate and engage vendor, if any vendor support is required.
- Analyse logs, transactions, activities, etc that could potentially contribute to the system downtime, bring-up and restore the core function for continuity of the business, resolve the malfunction of the application, identify the root cause of the issue, plan and implement measures for future incident prevention, and if required plan for future upgrade
- Initiate license renewals and/or maintenance whenever required.
- Ensure continuous system usability to serve the business needs and increase system reliability.
- Understand user requirement, analyse the impact of the change request and manage the change request including any changes to the interfacing and dependent systems, counter propose any process improvements or changes to ensure meet the customer’s expectations and requirements. Seek approval before developing the changes, document the test script, plan and execute for SIT, if any, end user testing, update system processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science or Computer Studies or Information Technology or related disciplines
- Hands-on experience in .net, C# and SQL
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to communicate effectively across different functions and levels of audiences
- Effective at acquiring an understanding of a problem or situation, with good problem-solving skill
- Experience with software development and application support an advantage
- General knowledge of hardware (server spec) and networking (client/server architecture, switch, firewall, LAN) is an advantage