Full Stack Developer
We are currently representing a FINTECH client to look for a senior full stack developer (perm) to complement their existing team. The candidate will be involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, development, testing and documentation.
· Design and develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance.
· Work on development of new products and enhancements to existing systems iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
· Work closely with architects, business and technical stakeholders to develop high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
· Instil best practices for software development and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
· Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes.
· Mentor junior and semi-senior team members; develop departmental procedures and best practices standards.
· Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworks and other related items in addition to contributing core product code.
· Effectively communicate status, issues and risks in a precise and timely manner.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
· Minimum 6 years of software development experience.
· Understanding of iterative development techniques, with preference given to candidates with experience in an Agile (such as SCRUM) planning cycle.
· Understanding and working experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks.
· Proficient in handling integration with backend systems using middleware technology such as: Webservice, REST API, Microservices.
· Knowledge and working experience on BitBucket, Ant, Maven, Jenkins and Jira.
· Experience with Apache Tomcat.
· MySQL relational database experience.
· Hands on experience with Linux environments.
· Experience working in AWS; hands on deployment and management of Amazon RDS will be a bonus.
· Knowledge of insurance and investment products will be a bonus.