IT Business Partner
We are representing our client, a technology conglomerate, to look for an experienced Information Technology Business Partner (IT BP). This role is the principle IT officer responsible for effective delivery of quality IT services to subsidiaries for the shared services.
The IT Business Partner is responsible for the following functions:
- Account Management: Ensures effective, efficient and quality delivery of IT services, making sure that the SLA targets are met. The IT BP is to regularly engage key stakeholders in the Sector to understand their IT needs and expectations and ensure they are incorporated back to group IT plans. Conversely, the IT BP also ensures that group IT programs are effectively communicated to end users in the subsidiary sector.
- IT Management & Planning: The IT BP works with the Sector leadership team on the IT strategy, while ensuring it is aligned with the overall group IT strategy and direction. He or she manages and plans the Sector IT budget and manages the IT vendors and contracts specific to the Sector. He is also to manage his team of IT project managers and support engineers. For IT BPs responsible for regional IT operations, he or she is also likely to manage a team of local application or infrastructure support specialists.
- Program Management: To manage Sector’s IT project portfolio, ensuring that the portfolio is being well managed and progressing on track. Supervise & mentor PMs who are managing individual IT projects undertaken by the Sector.
- Project Management: IT BPs may also directly manage one or more important Sector led IT projects. In this case, he or she will take on more direct responsibilities in a project, including project planning, scheduling, managing resources and budget, ensuring project deliverable and objectives are met.
- Service and Support: Ensures Sector users are adequately supported by the local IT staff for day-to-day operations.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management, Computer Engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- Good working knowledge of IT networking and infrastructure,
- Good working knowledge of Software Engineering methodologies and system life-cycle.
- Certified IT Project Management qualification.
- Excellent communications skills (English plus 1 other language).
- Good Stakeholder management.
- Have led successful implementation of at least a few medium-size IT projects (project size/value between $3m -$6m).
- Have experience working in a shared service IT organisation in a regional or sector IT leadership role.
- Minimally 10-15 years IT experience, of which 5 should be at an IT director- or deputy director-level leadership position.