IT Technical Manager
Our Client is seeking a candidate for the above role, responsible for delivering major Infrastructure capabilities driven through technologies or participating on significant architecture initiatives. The selected candidate will be under the Global Infrastructure and Operations (GIO), reporting to the Senior Manager, GIO. This is a Global role.
This individual is responsible for IT Infrastructure Management and Delivery, Manage and establish priorities for maintenance, design, development and analysis of entire infrastructure systems inclusive of AIX, Linux, Windows, Storage, Monitoring.
Responsible for the evaluation of the current infrastructure design, utilization and process management and providing recommendations for improvement and increasing efficiency. He will work closely with regional IT and Infrastructure team to provide server availability. He should be able to operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment and must be able to take high level direction, formulate a plan to achieve the goals and execute the plan.
The candidate is expected to be strong in written, verbal and presentation communication skills and be able to collaborate effectively with peers.
Reporting Manager: Senior Manager Infrastructure
Key Result Areas
- Reduction of operations incident
- Review the current health and reliability of the supported Infrastructure and provide recommendations for improvements to meet the business needs
- Identify opportunities to optimize and / or change tools, processes, and procedures to improve the effectiveness and reduce risk to the environment
- Producing and maintaining Technical Architecture Design document on infrastructure implementation
- 8+ years of experience IT Infrastructure Manager responsible for the management, design, installation, operation and maintenance of the company technology infrastructure supporting the Enterprise systems AIX, Linux, Windows and Storage
- Ensure appropriate timely review of Infrastructure, maintenance, enhancement work and other initiatives to meet business objectives and changes
- Manage and ensure IT managed service vendors are performing up to standards and achieving project milestones
- Define software and hardware standards in collaboration with stakeholders and owners
- Define the IT operating capabilities and leverage points for the development of the company’s business goals and objectives
- Design and implement plans to make certain servers and the network meet business and user demands, and that they scale as needed to meet future requirements
- Be part of Business continuity planning, Cyber security incident and Disaster recovery team
- Experience with implementation and management of monitoring and audit tools
- Lead the analysis of new/existing infrastructure architectures, specify long term direction, and ensures engineering platforms meet reliability expectations throughout the process
- Candidate should possess excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Candidate must be organized, self-motivated, as well as a team player and be able to participate in the knowledge transfer of information with peers and management
- Strong Knowledge on Antivirus systems at enterprise level preferably McAfee or Trend Micro.
- Documentation of technical and process related components
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in IT related disciplines
- At least 6 years of experience in IT Infrastructure support and Solutions.
- At least 2 years’ experience in designing, migration and engineering Windows/Linux server farms on premise and in Cloud
- Experience in infrastructure Servers (Power systems or Sparc, x86), Enterprise SAN Storage, Enterprise Backup Storage, Virtualization technologies
- Experience supporting and/or engineering Microsoft server technologies, including Servers and databases
- Experience in Technical Architecture Design documentation and diagrams on infrastructure implementation
- Hands-on system administration experience in Linux preferably Redhat with Practical experience designing and building enterprise, virtualized, scalable systems with an emphasis on server and storage.
- Understanding of High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery concepts
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
- Overall understanding of the business objectives of core business services departments
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, any Private Cloud)
- Strong knowledge on infrastructure hardware (x86, Storage, Backup Storage, Virtualization
- Good knowledge in different Operating Systems (Windows, Linux/Unix) environments and its technologies (AD and Unix NIS), IBM Middleware Infrastructure (Web, App, MQ, database servers) and Cloud infrastructure.
- Network knowledge and IBM/Oracle Middleware knowledge will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of a variety of computer environments, including server, desktop and mobile platforms
- Governance of infrastructure design by reviewing of individual projects
- Roadmap preparation of technologies related to infrastructure
- Evaluating new Technologies for innovation (Cloud, on-premises, distributed) and improvement of infrastructure (efficiency, cost effectiveness or adding capabilities)
- Translating infrastructure architecture to physical/virtual infrastructure.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Collaborating with different teams (operations, applications, middleware, network, security) in project delivery to ensure practicality of architecture implementation
- Ability to reach out and work independently as a peer with cross-functional SMEs
- SAN Switches, WAN acceleration, Firewalls and EUC knowledge will be an added advantage
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- VMWARE VCP Certified
- PMP or CITPM or equivalent certification.
- Knowledge of shipping or logistics domains