Manager – BI & Analytics
Our Client is embarking on a major transformation of the company, at the core of this transformation are Digital technologies and methods. Central to the digitization is data analytics. Data analytics will be in everything they do, from plant design and operations to building a direct to consumer retail business. As a result, Client has built & further growing a global Data Science team to establish and drive the company’s strategy of integrated energy platform, in collaboration with its’ business, functional and market leaders. The global Data Science team leads all Digital initiatives that involve BI reporting, data analysis, modelling, prediction, optimisation, Big Data platforms and architectures, production apps, and all related capabilities to deliver measurable and actionable business insights to all global markets and business functions of Sembcorp.
Managing a team of 3-4, this person will own the BI & Analytics requests from internal and external stakeholders. We need someone who is able to excel in fast-pace environment and extremely strong in analytics.
IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL:
- Work with the Data Science HOD to define and implement an efficient delivery strategy for the Data Science team’s BI & Analytics initiatives covering technology, process and people aspects
- Be the principal point of contact for Data Science stakeholders on all matters related to the BI & Analytics portfolio of the Data Science team
- Own the scoping, prioritisation & initiation of BI & Analytics projects by working with business stakeholders to define requirements as well as enable the BI & Analytics team with right process, technology & resource support
- Support Data Science project delivery managers in the day to day running of the BI and Analytics portfolio by defining and implementing efficient project planning and resource allocation, governance, management reporting, KPI tracking, risk management, and supporting production deployment within business processes.
- Manage the day to day functioning of the BI & Analytics team within Data Science by resolving issues & escalations related to people and project matters
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in managing large-scale complex BI & Analytics projects within a global organisation
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in leading/managing BI & Analytics team within a deep-tech focused and high-growth business environment
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in business consulting, preferably within the industrial sector, to delivery BI & Analytics driven digital solutions by collaborating with technical and business stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in successfully integrating BI& Analytics solutions within business processes resulting in significant business benefits
- Maintained currency of knowledge, including at the functional & / or working level, of modern BI & Analytics technologies & platforms.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing a large/complex technology portfolio through the implementation of effective governance and reporting frameworks
- Working knowledge in project management, reporting, and collaboration technologies is required
- Demonstrate exception ability for efficient multi-tasking in a delivery-focused and high-paced environment
- A strong academic background, with a Bachelor or above in (ideally) a technology focused major