Network Engineer (Security)
We are representing our client, an MNC System Integrator to look for an experienced Network Engineer. The candidate is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining, and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. The incumbent performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation, and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets the satisfaction of the Company and users.
- Responsible for network-related incidents and change management.
- Responsible for the commission, de-commissioning, and tech refresh of network devices.
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Manage the smooth delivery of network operations in accordance with stipulated Service Level Agreements.
- Provide firmware updates for network devices.
- Ensure network infrastructure complies with security policies.
- Prepare and maintain assets to ensure availability and update of capacity reports.
- Update process and procedural documents.
- Skillset on Palo Alto Networks and Fortinet are required.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Information Technology/Information Systems/Computer Science, Business IT or its equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience in network support and implementation.
- A certificate in CCNA is a must.
- Good knowledge of the following, but not limited to:
– Firewall technologies (high availability, virtual firewall concept)
– IP load balancer
– Distribution and core switches
– Router configuration (high availability)
– LAN and WAN administration
- Good understanding of a services business in a high-tech environment from a supplier, integrator, or operator’s perspective.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Self-driven and able to work independently.
- Palo Alto Networks and Fortinet relevant certificates are required.