A Network Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure components. He/She performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance and installation to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction.
Key Accountabilities/Duties :
- Facilitate problem solving and collaboration.
- Manage the smooth delivery of network operations in accordance of stipulated SLAs.
- Provide firmware updates for network devices.
- Ensure network infrastructure complies with security policies.
- Prepare and maintain assets, availability and capacity reports.
- Update process and procedure documents.
- Network related incident and change management.
- Commission, de-commissioning and tech refresh of network devices.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Information Systems/Computer Science, Business IT or other equivalent university degree.
- At least 5 years in administration and implementation.
- Good knowledge on the following, but not limited to:
– Firewall technologies (high availability, virtual firewall concept)
– IP load balancer
– Distribution and core switches
– Router configuration (high availability)
– LAN and WAN
- Must have good understanding of a services business in a high tech environment from a supplier, integrator or operator’s point of view.
- Excellent analytical and problem skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.