The ideal candidate has gained his/her project management experience from IT and / or Operations departments of progressive company or from a consulting company.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Develop project plan and budget based on business case for approval by relevant sponsor(s)/committee(s) and ensure they are implementable.
- Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to ensure effective resources planning and allocation for project teams and efficient identification and tracking of interdependencies between work streams.
- Close monitoring of deliverables.
- Manage issues and risks associated with the project, including balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks, and will manage aspects through formal change management mechanisms.
- Lead project team meetings, complete with clear objectives, agendas and outcomes.
- Document knowledge and best practices and share with teammates.
- Compile dependencies, commitments and development milestones into a project plan. Track and update the plan on a regular basis.
- Communicate project status internally and to the customer, ensure that any issues that may impact objectives are brought forward and addressed.
Essential Experiences and Skills:
- 3 – 5 years as a project manager on small to large scale software implementation and/or operational process changes
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
- Autonomous, dynamic and able to solve problems, the Project Manager must have natural leadership skills, be proactive and demonstrate sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills.
- Process oriented with strong technical background and technical understanding
- Have experience working cross-departments project (e.g. between sales, design, business, technology and operations) and with external parties such as partners, vendors and/or customers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Experienced in Agile implementation
- PMP certification would be preferred