Technical Consultant, Amazon Web Services
Technical Consultant, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is responsible as an Architect in developing the architectural design based on AWS architectural principles and best practices; leveraging on AWS services to ensure infrastructure scalability, reliability and resiliency.
Incumbent will lead in developing the Migration Practice, elevating the technical execution and delivery with different cloud migration approaches. Incumbent will also coordinate with different internal teams and external vendors/partners to ensure successful cloud migration, provide expert views, inputs and recommendations for customer decision based on technical judgment and drive processes and execution goals. The role will be responsible to develop and execute strategies for various phases of large scale migrations for customers who are rapidly moving a large number of applications onto AWS.
- Responsible to evaluate cloud application requirements and make architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment and provisioning of applications on AWS
- Provide best practices’ guidance on the architectural design across multiple applications
- Identify and define technical requirements for an AWS-based application
- Design available, cost-efficient, fault-tolerant and scalable distributed systems on AWS
- Utilize and deploy network, storage and database services in AWS environment
- Recommend best practices for building secure and reliable applications on the AWS platform
- Conduct deep dive discussions on AWS architectural principles, AWS global infrastructure, network technologies related to AWS, Security features and tools that AWS provide and relate to traditional services
- Involve in AWS Migration in re-hosting, re-platform, re-factor, re-architecting applications to AWS Cloud, database migration, Applications Optimization to scalable cloud design patterns
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required or assigned