We are representing our client, an FMCG firm specializing in nutrition products to look for the above role.
- This position is responsible for managing a team of category buyers to maximizing and achieving sales and profit targets as well as increase market share.
- To monitor market trends and understand the business requirements / key categories, for both physical and online business environment
- To Analyze current product ranges and their performance
- Study and understand consumer lifestyle trends and seek out new potential brands to meet consumers needs and hence increase sales and market shares
- Source for new brands and products; review existing merchandise to ensure competitiveness.
- Manage the entire acquisition process for new products; from sourcing, negotiating of prices and terms of contract.
- Manage plans for stock levels and respond to changes in demand and supply and logistics-related challenges
- Work closely with relevant internal and external parties on activities to build brand awareness of new products, rejuvenate sales of slow moving products and to drive sales for existing products.
- Source for new supplier/vendors, manage with existing suppliers/vendors ensuring quality service is delivered at all times.
- Ensure suppliers provide quality and safe products.
- Conduct regular review of key performance indicators
- Manage the ROI of space and achieve targeted sales and profit growth
- Ensure operating expenses are within approved budget.
- Degree in Business Management/Sales & Marketing;
- 6 – 8 years of relevant experience in retail merchandising/product development;
- A confident self-starter with a high level of drive, energy, integrity and professionalism
- Possess supervising/managing team experience
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills